(for internal use only and not for distribution)
Other Professional Organization Memberships
Hospitality Industry Experience
This list should not reflect all of the hotels owned by/asset managed by your company; it is specific to your responsibilities
Please indicate which of the following areas of the hospitality industry you have worked in, and the respective lengths:
A member who fills the fundamental criteria of a practicing
hotel asset manager may be self-employed or employed by any
company with ownership interest in hotel real estate,
including those companies involved in hotel management,
hotel franchising, or operating a hotel brand.
A member must be primarily involved in hotel lodging asset
A member must have authority and independence to make
decisions in the best interest of the ownership of the
The number of members from one company is limited to 25% of
total HAMA MEA members.
- A member must attend one meeting a year .
HAMA MEA board of directors reserves the right for
membership and admittance in accordance with the HAMA MEA
by-laws. Certain exceptions are made for members of
A member must have a minimum of two years of experience in
the practice of asset management as outlined above.
Checklist of Membership Requirements
(NOTE: Waived for 2020 - instead please include a reference letter from any superiors)
The letter of recommendation should include at a minimum:
- How well they know you and in what capacity, and
- Whether they believe you would contribute to the objectives of HAMA MEA with your Asset Management experience
Other Application Requirements
- Please note that following review of your application and approval of membership by the HAMA MEA board, you will be provided with an invoice with relevant bank details in order to process the application fee via bank transfer. Payment should be processed within 10 days of receipt of such invoice in net United Arab Emirates dirham and applicants are kindly requested to ensure currency exchange prior to transfer. Payment confirmation will be required by email in order to track receipt and AM book delivered at next meeting.
- Within four weeks of submitting your application and attending a meeting as a candidate, you will receive notification of the status of your application.
- Annual dues shall be determined by the board of directors. Upon the acceptance of your membership, HAMA MEA will invoice you for your annual membership dues and annually thereafter to be paid within 10 days of the statement in order to continue your membership status and receive benefits
Candidates submitting the application to join the Hospitality Asset Manager’s Association MEA (HAMA) hereby acknowledge that they remain under any and all applicable confidentiality terms as indicated in their respective employment contracts. HAMA MEA is not a data distribution, file sharing, or otherwise medium for the communication of proprietary and/or confidential information, and does not condone or encourage the practice thereof.